Over the last year the limits of our democracy have been pushed past their breaking point. Our current Congress has proven they have no interest in helping the majority of Americans. There is an abundance of greed and corruption amongst our representation, and it’s gone on for long enough! It's time to elect honest, ethical and responsible leadership. You deserve a congressional representative who actually works for you!
I'm Madi Eden. A candidate for Texas US Congressional District 10. If elected, it would be my honor to represent the people of our district. I intend to listen to my constituents’ needs, and then deliver on those needs in Washington. I understand that each district is a melting pot of ideals, and that we must come together to communicate and solve problems constructively. We have been divided long enough! I'm focusing on positive actions that can be accomplished by working together to create a better future for ourselves and our families right now. Over the next few months we will communicate our democratic principles of equality, compassion, empathy and unity; while sharing all of the ways we hope to strengthen our district.
I'm running a grassroots campaign, and we're not accepting money from special interests or corporate funded PAC's. Our democracy should benefit the many and not the elite few. We need to take back Congress from those who seek to gain wealth, instead of serving the hard-working people of this country. I want to protect all of the communities in District 10 by focusing on better education, healthcare, infrastructure, and security. Now is the time to bring people together through direct communication, and it is with these goals in mind that I humbly ask for your support!
These are some of the issues I'm standing up to support:
- • Racial, Gender, and Marriage Equality
- • Medicare for All or a Single-Payer Healthcare System
- • Network Neutrality, and Freedom of Speech
- • Electoral Reform and protecting our election systems from outside threats
- • Campaign Finance Reform and ending Citizens United
- • Green Energy/Technology, and addressing the Climate Crisis
- • Legislative Reform and additional legislative diversity
- • Improved Cyber Security for our vulnerable national infrastructure
- • Immigration Reform, and a Clean Dream Act
- • Student Loan Reform and free/reduced tuition for public universities
- • Protecting Social Security, and Medicaid
- • An end to the overreach of the NSA and US Government
- • Legalization, and ending the war on drugs
- • Ending the longest US war in Afghanistan
Please take a moment to review my "Priorities" page and learn more!